Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An Ode

An Ode

I awake at 7:20
Darkness envelops my room
As I stumble for the light I look out upon a dark world
Oh where have you gone?
My dear friend, why don’t you come?
I need you now more then ever

At 7:30 I enter my shower
Still dark, still cold
As the water begins to course over my body
I find myself thinking of everything you make easier
Ohh the world without you is dark far longer
My dear friend please come to this country

Ohh daylight savings time
Please make my morning easier
Without you the world is dark far too late
I cannot awake without you
You bring the blessed sun to the early morn
Oh when and where will I see you again?
When will I awake to the sun and not the moon?

I want to shower in the daylight
Please let me save some time my dearest
One simple hour is all I ask
Just give us one hour of savings
Let me awake to the sun and the birds
Ohh I do miss you my friend
Maybe another year I will see you again

No comments: