Sunday, March 1, 2009

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

It's official. Vacation is over. I am sad. After more then two months of vacation its time to go back to work. Well, ok, it wasn't entirely vacation time. I did work for about a month of this time, but it was primarily half days or a voluntary camp. Now those of you that know me, know that I am a person who loves his down time. Yet, downtime for me is a time to sit back and relax, not to go tracing around the planet. While I do love tracing around the planet, that is not what I consider down time. Down time to me, is time that you spend by yourself, or in the company of one or two good friends, and you basically do nothing. You sit around, you joke, you re-energize your life. One month of downtime is way to much for me. Hence, I am quite glad to be back at it, the daily grind of life here in Korea.

School has started, and I couldn't be happier about it. I love working in the classroom. Korea, the United States, I absolutely love the dynamics that come about working in the classroom. The teacher student interaction the dynacism that can be found located throughout the school, and most importantly, it keeps me busy from 8:30 in the morning to 4:30 in the afternoon. This means I have something to do Monday through Friday now. I have to get dressed in the morning now, I don't get to slum around all day. I know, I know. I sit here today and I get to look forward to months upon months of work, and sadly couldn't be happier about it. I feel ready to go, ready to get back to work, ready to continually destroy these wonderful students with my American Awesomeness. That's right, beware you'll go blind from the sheer power of my Englishee Awesomeness. Crap, Konglish is slipping into my speech again. Alas, I'm off to continue my fantasy baseball draft, as it seems there is no need for an English Teacher on the first day of school.

No comments: