Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bali Hi!!!!

Welcome, my friends to a tropical wonderland of sun, surf, food, and cheap prices.  Welcome my friends to Bali, land of the hour massage for 10 dollars.  Bali is the first vacation that I have taken in Asia, and I must say that it has been absolutely awesome so far.  It starts with our awesome villa.  The villa comes fully equipped with a staff, a pool, a driver, chef, etc.  The villa is nestled amongst terraced rice paddies on some rather rough Indonesian roads.  I have been able to completely relax and just let got of life for a while.  On top of our awesome villa has been some spectacular culinary conquests.  Going beyond just traditional tropical fruit to the second best steak I've ever had, and a giant freaking lobster that only cost about 10 bucks.   The culinary side of this trip has been something entirely unplanned on.  I am eating at far better restaurants then someone on my pay check should be able to. 

The vacation has started slowly, with relaxation being the most important thing for me.  I need to de-stress and revitalize.  I have done that, while still managing to hit a couple of tourist spots.  The vacation is going to pick up in the next few days along with my sunburn, which is progressing nicely.  I just might make myself into a lobster by the time I get out of here.  The following days should see a few more massages, some excellent dining, and hopefully some more water sports.  I forgot how much I loved being in the water.  Alas, time is money as they say, and I have a lot more of Bali to go do.  I will try to write again.  Much love my peeps and I will see you when I see you.

No comments: