Monday, November 3, 2008

Update

Well, the last few times I've written my blog I've kept it primarily about cultural differences and small things that really don't have much to do with my day to day operation of life out here. Well, this blog, will be no different. Well actually it will be different. I'm going to give you a quick rundown of the past few weeks.

In all honesty the past few weeks have developed along a pretty standardized schedule. I work some, drink some, and then sleep when I can. However, as boring as that sounds I do have few events that have happened in the past few days that I want to talk about. This past weekend my school held an English pop-song contest. Now, this is truly my definition of hell. Twenty groups of students performing bad English pop. I mean we're talking about hearing Dancing Queen and Honey, Honey by Abba. Wanna be, by the Spice Girls, etc. What made this even more torturous was the fact that it was Saturday morning the day after Halloween. Needless to say my head may have been hurting a little bit and I might not have gotten that much sleep.

Now after I have said all this, it actually turned out to be a lot better then I imagined. It honestly was really cute at times and well, some of the groups did a good job. The kids also really enjoyed it, and I guess it was fun. Even if I was hungover it was pretty fun. The music was abysmal but ohh well.

I guess now that I should get to the biggest piece of news that people will find interesting. I actually had a date last night. I know, Will had a date. The end of the world is coming, wait no that's tomorrow if Obama gets elected. Anyways it went very well. We had sam gyop sal, which for those of you who don't speak Korean is Korean BBQ. What's even more impressive is I managed to get a second date out of her. I don't know when exactly it will be because she works two jobs but I do know what it will involve. It's going to involve me cooking Chicken and us drinking beer. That was her idea. I volunteered to cook but it was her idea for Chicken. I'm actually relatively scared as to what I may have gotten myself into on this. The primary reason for that is because I don't have a BBQ here, and we all know that cooking on a BBQ is where I'm most comfortable. Ohh well, things will go well, because this girl likes me for some reason.

Alas, today is sports day at my school and I'm going to go take some pictures of my students and basically harass them.

1 comment:

Joanna Funke said...

Will had a date! Yaay :) You will do fine cooking Will, that's something you are good at. But seriously, the stab at Obama was Not appreciated... and he won and the world is not over! haha